The Dream Shake - a Houston Rockets blog: Rockets vs. Trailblazers - The Finale

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rockets vs. Trailblazers - The Finale

The Rockets travel to Portland to take on the Trailblazers tonight at the Rose Garden at 9:30PM CST. I would like to respectfully say FU to the NBA and to MLB for having so many West Coast games on with the Rockets and Astros. I've been sick and staying up to watch the games sure hasn't helped me get over it.

Portland Trailblazers: 38-37 (25-11 at home) 4-6 in their last 10

Houston Rockets: 49-25 (21-15 on the road) 5-5 in their last 10

Admit it, if I told you in January that the Rockets would win 50 this year you would have thought I was smoking some serious Whitney Houston style crack (I don't care what she told Barbara, she smoked crack). With a win tonight the Rockets would be 50-25, also known as 25 games over .500 with only 7 games remaining. It would also further their lead over Utah. My dream situation is playing Utah or LA in the first round with home court advantage but the lower seed. That would be perfect to me. LA because I honestly think we would beat them, and we'd win at least 1 at their place. And Utah because I so very much hate Utah and want revenge from last year and I believe Tracy would do everything he could to win that series.

On Tuesday we lost a game that we could have won. I say could have and not should have, because the Kings played really well. As usual Artest smoked the Rockets and Kevin Martin played as well as I've ever seen him play. With the way the game was "refereed" it was going to be the team that got F'd the least late that won and the Kings made a couple of plays at the end that did that for them. Dave has already talked about how pathetic the game was ref'd so I will leave it alone, but it was sad.

Houston has won all three meetings this year with Portland by 9, 10 and 12 respectively. Brandon Roy looks to be out again and that should tip the game even further in the Rockets favor, no one for Rafer to piss off with his trash talking that can actually do any damage at the point. I like the Rockets to turn it around like they did after the Philly debacle. Put the loss behind us and start a roll going into the playoffs. Let's go Rockets!!!

No comments: