The Dream Shake - a Houston Rockets blog: Game 5: Where I better be going home happy!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Game 5: Where I better be going home happy!

Yeah, guess who got a ticket to the game tonight?
(Other than Lee, dammit!)

...

that's right -- me!

So I'll be eating and drinking in one of the suites while the Rockets fight their way back and hopefully make a legitimate series out of this whole thing. We win tonight and Utah *has* to win Game 6. No way we lose Game 7 if we can force it.

And Tracy, if I hear one complaint about the coaching, your shoulder/back/knee or why Matt Harpring isn't playing nice with you... I am going to snap faster than the Principal in Billy Madison would have if anyone got caught cheating. Joe Johnson scored more points in the 4th quarter last night against Boston than you have combined in four 4th Qs against Utah so far. And Boston plays MUCH better defense than Utah. You have no excuses. None.

Not to sound like Al Davis, but... just win, baby!

(I've just been informed I am not allowed to cuss during tonight's game. I promised I would behave. Don't make me have to break my promise, guys... please don't do it.)

6 comments:

Justin said...

David-

Thanks for the comment over at JazzHype, couldn't agree with you more about how bush league the Zen Master gets...

This is a great post by the way, keep up the good work.

Jeffrey Hardy Quah said...

Actually, I think Boston's been underperforming defensively against Atlanta. I mean, sticking Ray Allen on Joe Johnson with no help? Whose bright idea was that?

Also, it's 4:23 left in the fourth. I know I haven't paid much attention to the boxscores lately, but when was the last time McGrady led the team in +/-?

Jeffrey Hardy Quah said...

Sorry to double-post, but to follow on that first thought: not that I'm a T-Mac apologist (though I do like the guy), but I bet if he had Ray Allen guarding him instead of Andrei Kirilenko, he could go off in the fourth, too. Of course, he doesn't, so he still has to find a way around it somehow.

JC said...

I'm here to take my lumps. You guys played great, you hustled and made shots. I'm hoping the Jazz got that shit game out of their system because I don't like their chances in a game 7.

Those 13 missed free throws in game 3 are looming LARGE...

Kudos.

Ray said...

Big win. Game 6 is going to be a war. Hope the Rockets saved something from tonight for Friday.

Go Rockets!

John said...

Way to go Rockets, that's how you do it!!!! Bring on the Jazz in Game 6....

http://mundoalbiceleste.blogspot.com/2008/04/playoffs-news-cold-manu-fiery-scola.html