The Dream Shake - a Houston Rockets blog: Suspend Disbelief, The Rocket could Win 10 in a Row

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Suspend Disbelief, The Rocket could Win 10 in a Row

A while back Dave and I were tossing the idea around of putting up our predictions for the rest of the season. I came up with the idea that the Rockets could win 10 in a row. It seemed preposterous at the time, but just seemed like it could come true so I went with it. Now here we are on the precipice of TheDreamShake history. We could be right TWICE and by we I mean me, Dave said we'd go 7-3 in this streak, but I think he started to believe after win 1, so I'll let him pile on. I know, y'all never thought it could happen, but we might actually know what we are talking about (about some things anyway).

On Thursday night the Rockets take on the Miami Heat, I know they never make it on TV, so just some history. They are from Miami, FL and used to have the "Human Get fouled even without Getting Touched Machine" and the "Big Fouls Every time He Plays Defense or Offense and never gets called for it". Now there is no more Shaq, but they added the Matrix who I won't make fun of because I think he's one of the most underrated players in the league. The game is at 7PM CST at the Toyota Center. I keep thinking about going, but haven't found anyone else that can make it and don't really feel like going by myself.

Miami Heat: 9-42 (4-21 on the road) 1-9 in their last 10, including 9 losses in a row

Houston Rockets: - 33-20, (16-9 at home) and 9-1 in their last 10, including 9 wins in a row

On the road, their 4 wins came against: The Knicks by 3 in November, the Nets by 4 in November, the Clippers by 6 in December and somehow, inexplicably the Suns by 4 in December. Those two wins came on back to back nights on the 9th and 10th, so they haven't won on the road in 71 days. They are 1-21 in January to the Rockets 18-4. With that being said, it's been well documented here that the Rockets are one of their 9 victims, and their first at home all year, so I'm not taking this game for granted at all. But, if the Rockets lose this game, I don't know if I can handle it. If you think I melted down after the two Philly losses, you don't want to see me for about two weeks if we find a way to blow this game.

With both teams on opposite ends of the spectrum one on a 9 game winning streak, and the other on a 9 game losing streak, my choice should be obvious, right? So what's my prediction? 10 in a row, 10 in a row, 10 in a row, 10 in a row, 10 in a row, 10 in a row, 10 in a row, 10 in a row, 10 in a row, 10 in a row. I seriously can't wait for tomorrow night

2 comments:

Jeffrey Hardy Quah said...

All I know is, McGrady's shooting woes isn't going to improve at all with Marion hounding him. Yao better step up.

UofTOrange said...

Actually I think it might, Tracy seems to get better when a better defender plays him. I wouldn't be suprised to see him go off for 30 tonight