The Dream Shake - a Houston Rockets blog: Rockets Versus Hornets, the Road to 18

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rockets Versus Hornets, the Road to 18

The Rockets host the New Orleans Hornets tonight, looking for win number 18 in a row and the company of only 6 other teams. Only one of those teams didn't win the championship...I'm just saying...

New Orleans Hornets: 42-19 (20-9 on the road) 6-4 in their last 10

Houston Rockets: 41-20 (22-9 at home) 10-0 in their last 10

Usually this is the section where I break down the bad road record, but the Hornets have the best road record in the West and are only one game in the loss column worse than the Celtics for best in the league. One of those victories was against the Houston Rockets earlier this year and was the loss prior to the mind blowing Philly loss. It ended the Rockets 5 game winning streak, also the first streak Dave and I predicted this year. It was also one of the days that got me to stop predicting scores and just project wins and losses.

The Hornets just happen to be the team I like to watch the most in the NBA not named the Rockets. They play the game the right way, and while I know Byron Scott has his critics, I really like what he does with this young team. With David West at 27, Tyson Chandler 25 and Chris Paul at 22, this team has a strong future ahead of it. But don't think for a second that the Rockets won't make a run at CP3 in 2009/10 when McGrady is in his last year and CP3 is coming off of his contract as well. I think I just got a chubbie... Chandler is locked up until 2011 and West is under contract until 2012.

I've got a long day ahead of me, so if I get some time later, I'll add to this, but for now make sure you check out our Q&A with Hornets247, we have their answers here and they will have some questions and our answers up later today.
Edit: Here is the direct link to the Q&A

What's my prediction? What the hell... 18 in a row!!!!!

Go Rockets!!

No comments: