The Dream Shake - a Houston Rockets blog: Get Well Big Fella

Monday, March 3, 2008

Get Well Big Fella

Yao underwent surgery today and it was successful according to Rockets team doctor Tom Clanton and his co-doctor (is that a term?) Bill McGarvey. I trusted that it would go successfully; Houston is the greatest medical society in the world, things are done here with fantastic results that aren't even tried in other places.

Here are Yao's thoughts after the surgery was complete, and I assume after he was awake from the go down medicine:

"I am very relieved that everything went well with my surgery today,'' Yao said. ``I am looking forward to getting better and starting my physical rehab as soon as the doctors say I can. I would like to thank everyone for their kind wishes during this time and I look forward to the day that I can rejoin my Rockets teammates on the bench."

Get well big guy, make it back for the Olympics and represent your country well.

No comments: