The Dream Shake - a Houston Rockets blog: Why Oh Why??

Friday, December 21, 2007

Why Oh Why??

I'm about to write something that I don't believe I've said out loud more than 2-3 times in my lifetime: The Rockets suck.

I'd explain how I came to that conclusion, but if you have to have that explained to you then I'll have Tommy come hit you on the head with a tack hammer 'cause you're a retard.

What's worse is that I think they may actually be better WITHOUT Tracy McGrady for the first time since he's been here. He's acting like a baby on the court and not playing within the system. Why isn't he? Because the system won't net him 28PPG on 37% shooting, that's the best I can garner. TMac wants to shoot the ball repeatedly whenever he feels like it. He also doesn't want to pass unless he knows he's getting the ball back. Even on pick and rolls with Yao he won't toss the pass back to Yao when he gets double teamed, it's the number two leading factor in Yao not getting enough shots (Number one being no one can throw a Kenny Smith entry pass. Knock The Jet all you want, but he could toss a hell of an entry pass). Tracy, you are the first out of five reasons this team is losing. And it hurts me to say it. I own not one but TWO TMac jerseys, a red and a white, no one can accuse me of not being a fan. I love the guy on and off the court. I know he's had a tough time with the family lately, but that's because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants around other ladies. Which begs the question, why in the fuck would an NBA superstar get married? What's the point? Most of the women they marry would have been fine with staying together without it. Another thing, if I was in the NBA, it would take until right after my first pay check to get some of the boys frozen and then get a vasectomy. There you go, problem solved. I'm a freaking genius.

The second most important reason we are losing is that Yao is not getting enough touches. He should be the first option on every single non-fast break possession. Hell, I wouldn't be mad if they slowed the fast breaks down and gave it to Yao, I mean why not? We get what, 2 a game at most?? Poor entry passes, late passes and missed opportunities to pass the ball to Yao are killing us. He's the best center in the league, yet people are openly questioning that because his teammates (past Shane Battier) can't get him the ball.

Third, is the Rafer Alston "led" shooting entourage. This includes Battier, Stevie, Mike James (especially Mike James because he's supposed to be instant offense), and Luther Head. I only include Luther because I don't know if there has been a guy on the Rockets since Matt Maloney that had a harder time creating his own shot, even if he only averages like 2 minutes of playing time each game.

Fourth, Rafer Alston, he fucking sucks, read anything with the tag "Rafer Alston sucks" for more ammo in your automatic "Rafer Sucks" weapon. Every time I see Rafer it makes me go Waterboy "Rafer sucks, he really, really sucks!" and I can't help but thinking that Adelman is happier with him than the voices say he should be.

Fifth, Free Throw shooting is an absolute enigma on this team. Why can't they, standing still from 15 feet away, hit a free throw?? Hell if I know, but it's even effecting Yao, and it's pissing me off. Stop getting in Yao's head!! And Tracy, stop making excuses, you are a "professional" the crowd should not be effecting your free throw shooting much at all. I haven't picked up a basketball in 6 months, but I guarantee I can go out and hit 7 out of 10 without warming up. Why can't paid professionals do that? Shit if I know.

That being said, I've said it many times, it will take until after the All Star break for this team to gel, I just hope that TMac gels with it. I wasn't counting on him turning into a malcontent, so he needs to get his shit together

No comments: